If you're into gaming and deep learning, you need to own a GPU.
For years I was working with an older GPU (GTX 960M), but I thought it was time to upgrade.
But wait, should I get a laptop, a pre-built desktop, or just build my own ?
It took me weeks to decide, and now I can say that I don't regret my decision in hindsight.
I ended up assembling a desktop from scratch, and I must say, it was a great experience !
Why build your own desktop?
There are multiple advantages:
- Cost Effective
- It's way cheaper as compared to buying pre-built desktops.
- There are plenty of options on the market, like HP Omen
series, CLX custom builds, ROG desktop series, etc. I ended up adding better parts and saved approximately 600$ !
- Customizable and Upgradable
- If a part falls out, it might not be easy to replace it in a pre-built desktop. I've read about such builds having little
to no space b/w parts.
- Future GPU and CPU upgrades are easier if you've installed the parts yourself.
- Normally, people end up adding more fans which prolongs the life of CPU and other components.